Photos above are from a drive-thru to branded reject outlets in Malaysia and our 1st Year Anniversary.
***wordy post below***
Truth to be told, 1 year didn't feel like 1 year, but when you think of the countless memories we've made, it feels like eternity.
Our relationship has been very calm of sort. No ups no downs except once when we quarreled over my friend. Ok, but no ups is a lie 'cuz we're constantly making each other laugh, like everyday. He always tells me I'm the most matured girlfriend he's ever had but seriously which of my friends can say I am mature without adding sarcasm to it? I'm not.
I am always bratty, spoiled, grumbly and *insert everything negative* but he has been patient and erm, emotionless thru it all hahahaha. I never had a relationship that did not involve quarreling. Perhaps even all of them were verbally violent or emotional except this.
Background check for Tien: He was raised with little love and attention (super different from me) coming from a family of 4 brothers with him being the 2nd youngest, started working at the age of 15 to support himself and barely survived. Come sec 4 when he could have gone to Sec 5, he decided to quit school to continue working, went ITE but couldn't stand it there, mixed with the absolute wrong crowds and landed him everywhere but postive places. You can think of the worst thing a person could do (nothing sexual) and he's done all of it. Through it all he's come out realising he needs to study, become frugal, filial and treat his loved ones right.
I truly cannot stand it when my friends or mum's colleague look down on Tien and say a person with such little education with bad track record can never survive in this world and that if I even think of having a future with him I must be crazy 'cuz I'm sure to be down the path of dead ends and unhappiness.
I am the one with Tien, he really is a changed person (minus the piercing and tattoos), has the drive, has the right attitude (him getting Best Battalion Soldier and going to SISPEC is a good enough reason to think so and I am too proud of him 'cuz this is proof to others who don't believe in him) and is really determined to make himself a better person.
While many of us were brought up with proper education, no worries about getting the pocket money we get daily/weekly/monthly and all the parental love we ever need, he was struggling to even have a dollar to bring to school and having to give up what he loves most (art, drawing) all alone.
This is definitely not me trying to draw a pity card but for those who despise him to actually think about how they take everything for granted and reflect on how we are so quick to judge people, including me. He is the one who always reminds me not to give up studying when I'm (constantly) complaining about how much I hate studies, to save money (when I shop too damn much) and to stop being the hot-headed person I am (especially when I'm quarreling with my mum).
Ok enough of all this, I've been way too teary-eyed while writing this post.
I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment